Artichoke Sausage Chorizo Salad
This orzo pasta salad recipe comes packed with herbs, cheese and Aidells Artichoke & Garlic Sausage. Once you try this artichoke salad, you will repeat.
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 4 links, Aidells Artichoke & Garlic Sausage
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup frozen or canned artichoke hearts, thawed, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, grill or pan-fry the sausages until nicely browned. Allow to cool slightly then slice into ½" rounds.
- Drain the pasta and place in a large mixing bowl with the sausage. While the pasta is still warm, toss in the remaining ingredients, except the feta cheese, salt and pepper. Allow to cool and then chill for at least an hour. Just before serving, toss the salad with the feta and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve chilled or at room temperature.