Warm Spinach Salad with Andouille Sausage and Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Aidells Andouille Sausage links (Chopped)
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 20 ounces spinach (pre-washed)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and saute for 3-5 minutes until brown. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside to cool. Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and bring to a boil. Cook about 2 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Place the spinach, sausage and red onion in a heat-proof bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. The spinach will wilt slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.