Spinach and Mushroom Sausage Stuffing
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 Aidells Portobello Mushroom Sausage links, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bunches spinach, coarsely chopped (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 8 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a heavy pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and celery for 10 minutes, or until soft. Add the sausage, mushrooms, spinach and thyme and cook for 2 minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
- In a large bowl, mix together the bread cubes, sausage-vegetable mixture and Parmesan. Moisten with stock until its moist enough to hold together when molded on a spoon.
- Taste for salt and pepper. Place stuffing in a buttered casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F.