Pasta with Sausage, Sun Dried Tomatos and Chevre
- 20 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine or linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Aidells Sun-Dried Tomato & Mozzarella Sausage links
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 ounces mild fresh chevre
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or finely chopped green onions or scallions
- If you are using sun-dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil, cover them with boiling water and let them soak for at least 30 minutes. Drain and cut them into thin strips. If you are using oil-packed tomatoes, cut them into thin strips and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet and sauté the sausages for 10 minutes or until firm and lightly browned, turning them at least once. Transfer them to a platter. Cool and cut the into 3/8" slices.
- Add the garlic and shallot to the skillet and cook them for 1-2 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil and return the sausages to the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter. The sauce should be smooth and slightly thickened.
- Toss the freshly cooked pasta in the sauce and transfer it to a shallow bowl or serving platter. Crumble the chevre over the dish and sprinkle with the chopped basil or green onions. Serve at once.