- 1/4 cup olive oil (divided)
- 8 ounces links Aidells Sun-Dried Tomato Sausage (Cut into ½ inch rounds)
- 5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 ounces large red onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup garlic (minced)
- 1 pound peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 2 ounces bay leaves
- 2 red bell peppers (cut into strips)
- 1 green pepper (cut into strips)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen petit peas (thaw if frozen)
- 4 cups paella rice (like Bomba or Calasparra)
- 8 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp
- 2 pounds mussels or clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- In heavy large shallow pan or paella pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Season the chicken or with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add to the pan. Cook, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the pan. Add onions and garlic to the pan; sauté until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add tomatoes and bay leaves; cook 2 minutes. Stir in bell peppers and peas. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Bring the stock, saffron and salt to a boil and keep warm.
- Set up grill for a medium hot fire or preheat oven to 375º. Reheat the pan over medium high heat and add the remaining olive oil. Add the rice and sauté about 2 minutes, until the rice is coated. Stir in the vegetable mixture and the pepper. Arrange the sausage and chicken pieces over the rice mixture pressing into the rice. Pour the stock mixture evenly over the rice. Cover and cook until rice is almost tender, about 40 minutes.
- Arrange the shrimp on the rice mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Arrange the mussels on the rice, cover and cook about 5-8 minutes until the rice is tender the mussels have opened and most of liquid in pan is absorbed. Discard any unopened mussels, sprinkle with parsley and serve.