Lentils and Sausage and Chard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 4 Aidells Spinach and Feta Sausage links (chopped)
- 3 cups French green lentils
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (very finely chopped)
- 5 cups chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds Swiss chard (stems and ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan heat the oil. Add the carrots and onions and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Stir in the sausage, lentils, bay leaf, fennel seeds, rosemary and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until lentils are almost tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the chard to the pan; cover and cook until lentils are tender and chard is wilted and tender (add more stock if needed). Remove bay leaf and season to taste with salt and pepper.