Zesty Italian Style Meatball Tomato Minestrone
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 boiling potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 15-ounce cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded kale or chard
- 1 15-ounce can of white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- 1 pound Aidells Sun-Dried Tomato Meatballs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, zucchini and potatoes and cook, stirring until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and tomatoes and bring to simmer. Simmer until the vegetables are almost cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the kale or chard, beans and pasta and simmer until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Add the meatballs and basil and cook until the meatballs are is heated through, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with parmesan cheese.