Caramelized Onion Meatball Pizza
Take your homemade pizza up a notch with our savory caramelized onion meatballs.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bunch asparagus (sliced )
- 1 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large pre-cooked pizza shell
- 1 package Aidells Caramelized Onion Meatballs sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced figs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch arugula, washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet. Add the sliced figs and cook slowly over low heat, turn occasionally until lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Brush the pizza shell with olive oil and arrange the meatball slices and asparagus on the pizza shell. Finish with cheese,figs and arugula. Bake for 10-15 minutes.