Sausage-Stuffed Breakfast Bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Aidells Sun-Dried Tomato & Mozzarella Sausage links, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked potato, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 package frozen bread dough
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and sausage over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for 5 minutes Add the onion and cook 5 minutes longer. Add the potato and cook 1 minute more. In a bowl, combine the sausage mixture with the cheese, olives and green onions. Allow to cool.
- Follow the package instructions for the bread dough. Divide the dough in half and roll each piece into a 10" x 12" rectangle. Brush the edges with the egg and spread half the mixture to within ½" of edges.
- Roll the dough jelly-roll style. Pinch to seal the seams and edges. Repeat with the other piece of dough and the remaining filling. Bake on a greased baking sheet for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Some filling may seep out during baking. Allow to cool, slice and serve warm.