Mushroom Sausage Omelet with Smoked Gouda
If you can't find watercress, try arugula or curly endive instead.
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 2 Aidells Portobello Mushroom Sausage links, chopped
- 2 bunches watercress (washed and dried with tough stems removed)
- 1 ounce butter (divided into four pieces)
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese, grated
- In a medium sauté pan, heat half of the butter. Add the sausage and cook until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the watercress and cook until wilted. Transfer to a plate.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Season with salt and pepper.
- In an omelet pan, over medium heat, melt a piece of the butter. When the butter is foamy, add a quarter of the egg mixture. Lightly scramble the eggs in the pan, then add a quarter of the watercress mixture and a quarter of the cheese to one half of the omelet. Fold the omelet and cook until the eggs are set to your liking. Transfer to a warmed plate and continue with the remaining ingredients.