Omelet of Asparagus, Chevre and Sun-Dried Tomato Sausage
Get ready for the day with this easy sausage and cheese omelet recipe. Aidells Sun-Dried Tomato Sausage Links combine with asparagus and other goodies!
- 1/4 pound asparagus (bottoms peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Aidells sun-dried tomato sausage links, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 eggs, lighly beaten
- 4 ounces chevre
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus and cook for 30-45 seconds, until bright green and tender but still crisp. Remove the asparagus and immediately place it in a bowl of ice water.
- Melt the butter in an omelet pan or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the sausage and cook, stirring, another 2-3 minutes. Stir in the asparagus and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs over the sausage mixture and gently stir to distribute. Turn down the heat to low and cook until the eggs are almost set, occasionally shaking the pan to prevent any sticking. Invert the omelet onto a plate, slide it back into the pan, crumble the chevre over the top and cook the other side until set, about 5 minutes more. Transfer to a platter, let rest for 5 minutes, slice into wedges and serve.