Mushroom Sausage Bruschetta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chpped
- 4 ounces assorted mushrooms, chopped (cremini, button, portobello, shitake are all good choices)
- 4 Aidells Portobello Mushroom Sausage links, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 baguette (cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large sauté pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and shallot until golden, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sausage and cook until the mushrooms release their liquid. Continue to cook until the liquid has evaporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your grill or broiler to medium high heat. Brush the baguette slices with the remaining olive oil and grill on each side until nicely browned and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Top the warm baguette slices with mushrooms and serve