Mango Sausage Wontons
- 4 Aidells Mango Sausage links (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 25 won ton skins
- peanut oil (for frying)
- hot mustard and plum sauce (for dipping)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sausage, water chestnuts, green onion, ginger and egg white. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the wonton skins out on your work surface. Place a teaspoon of the filling in the center of each won ton skin. Brush the edges with water and press the edges together to create a triangle.
- In a large sauté pan, add approximately 2 inches of oil. Heat to 375° and add the wontons, being careful not to crowd the pan. Fry 2 to 3 minutes until the wonton skins are golden. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve with Hot Mustard and Plum Sauce.