Chicken & Apple Minis In Marsala Cranberry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 cup sweet marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon sweet and hot mustard (we like mendocino sweet & hot mustard)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 packages aidells chicken & apple minis (12oz packages, 64 mini links)
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the cranberries and sauté 2 minutes more. Add the wine, mustard and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until reduced and thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sausages and toss to coat. Cook until the sausages are heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve in a warmed bowl, crock-pot or chafing dish with cocktail picks.
- Serves 14-16 as a part of an appetizer buffet.