Mini Chevre and Mushroom Sausage Tarts
You can make these ahead, freeze them in the muffin tin, pop them out once their frozen and bake them when you are ready. Add about 10 minutes to the cooking time if you cook them right from the freezer.Read More
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 Aidells Portobello Mushroom Sausage links (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 6 ounces chevre (crumbled)
- 32 won ton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium sauté pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil and sauté the shallots and sausage until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the egg, flour, and chevre. Stir in the sausage mixture.
- Grease a muffin tin and place a wonton skin into each cup. Brush each skin with butter and spoon in a heaping tablespoon of the filling. Bake until just beginning to brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Makes 32 appetizers