Beer Braised Minis
A quick, hearty appetizer for your next fall gathering.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 12-ounce bottle of lager, ale or hard cider
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 2 tablespoons course-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or molasses
- 1 package Aidells Sausage Minis (about 35 links)
- In a large sauté or frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the onions until translucent, about 5-8 minutes. Add the beer, stock, mustard and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until beginning to thicken, about 15 minutes. Add sausage and cook until the sausage is cooked through and the sauce is nice and thick, about 5 minutes.